sábado, 10 de enero de 2009

Diary

Nantes, Sunday 1th July

I started packing for my trip to Rome; I ate with Leonardo & Mariella in down town and came back. We had an Asian party, the house was draped with banners of gold, red, and purple, and the Oriental theme was displayed with a thousand-pound bronze statue of Buddha, laden with white cattleya orchids. The habitual strangers came up. The room ended up smelling like a mixture of fruit and spices: Mandarin orange, jasmine, rose, Lily of the Valley, amber, incense and musk, as well as patchouli.
Dimitri has an incredible nose, and he’s always telling me about scents. Hey! This time he was quite accurate. Anyway my friend Iria Benet showed me how instead of smoking hashish I could get the same effect from pinching a little bit off and swallowing it and well, I ate the whole thing.
When I finally went to bed I ended up having nightmares. I dream that I was walking down Cours de Cinquante Otages and all the puppies were defoliated creating a American beauty kind of scenario, where all the sky was of different color petals, it sounds sweet, but it felted sad.

Paris, Monday 2th July

Yves Saint Laurent died yesterday. We took the first train to Paris -Montparnasse was scary-cold- and the whole city was draped with the Paris Match cover, it’s surreal to see Paris mourning. We are staying at Sophia’s apartment.

Paris, Tuesday 3th July

Nantes and Paris are really bright cities to be so high in the map.
Sophia, Dimitri and I went to have brunch on the rue du 29 de juillet sushi; I’m obsessed with this restaurant. Then walk to the provisional Colette store in Place du Marché St-Honoré, and bought the amazingly beautiful Ola Rindal’s ‘the Beginning’ book. After that I ran into Scott Schuman, I’m always happy to see him. He was looking for some fashionable Stilts and I told him about a friend who’s selling them in a lil’ magazine near Palais royal. - We understand the need to have some good-looking stilts especially on fashion shows- He cracks me up, he’s probably the funnier straight-old-guy I’ve ever meet .

No hay comentarios: