viernes, 30 de enero de 2009

The clothes are not dead... yet

Ms. Horyn

Yesterday I saw for the third time, via style.com, the Valentino show. Everyone was saying it was, beautiful, respectful, and right on the money. Yet, I couldn’t figure it out, why I hated it. I read everywhere, so many ‘La dolce vita’ references, that I had to see it, once more. It wasn’t that movie, they were all wrong … it do was Fellini, but it was 8 ½.

The clothes are not dead yet, as you said, but they are dying, fading, and becoming extinct, it doesn’t take much to relate this show to the movie plot, where an Italian film director, is suffering from “director’s block.” And it’s pressed and harassed by his entourage to create something adequate.

Adequate, it was for sure, but as Susy Menkes said, ‘There was absolutely nothing to frighten clients’.
Isn’t that sad?

— Octopus

8 comentarios:

Elisa Malo dijo...

cucurrú.solo haciendo una pequeña correcion: es "dead" y no "death"

Octopus dijo...

ciertamente...ya está corregido

Fluff Chance dijo...

Suzy and you got it right. Cathy said it was dead on arrival. Harsh but if it's heart was beating , certainly no blood was going to the brain......so brain dead is the pretty much the same as dead dead.
fluff

Anónimo dijo...

Good dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

Anónimo dijo...

hi there bros. I'm really into shoes and I have been digging as far as something that meticulous make. The prices for the shoes are around 330 bucks on every page. But for all I found this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy these. what can you tell me about these?

Anónimo dijo...

Hello. And Bye.

Anónimo dijo...

good evening people. I'm really into shoes and I was searching allowing for regarding that exact brand. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers were around 180 pounds on every site. But finally I set this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase them. what can you say about it?

Anónimo dijo...

hello ppl. I'm honestly into shoes and I was searching as far as something that particular make. The prices for the boots were about 170 dollars on every page. But completely I bring about this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order these. what is your opinion?